Wednesday, October 17, 2012

another tip from my man, Bob Harper:


I know, I know, potatoes are just SO comforting and yummy. But at what cost? Remember if it's white, chances are you're better off without it. Now don't go all literal and avoid cauliflower and the like. You know what I mean! Try alternatives like rutabaga (a root vegetable) and sweet potatoes. And remember, the skin is the best part.


Stick With The Sweet Ones

Don't be tempted by potatoes! They are full of starch, and are typically paired with saturated fats and excess salt. I know what you're thinking - no more baked potatoes, French fries or chips! Think again: opt for sweet potatoes instead. These healthy alternatives can be prepped, baked and served as chips, "French fries" or even a baked sweet potato. They are delicious AND good for you, so when it comes to potatoes stick with the sweet ones!


No comments:

Post a Comment