Thursday, November 15, 2012

FITBIT.

I want to share this with you: Recently I've signed on as the Wellness Director at an office corporation. My mission is to design and implement a wellness program and present it to the employees. Due to the size and format of the office, it was decided that using the FITBIT device would be the best method. The Fitbit is an accelerometer, pedometer, altimeter and mileage tracker all in one little device that you can wear on your bra, belt loop or shirt collar. It looks like this:
I've been wearing mine for a little over a month and I'm finding it to be a really great tool. If I'm lazying around my Fitbit will tell me I've only acquired 2,000 steps and I'm motivated to find ways to be more active. Our goal as 'active' individuals is 10,000 steps per day. It's also been fun to be able to tell my SPINNING classes how many calories we burn during our workouts. Check out the website and see what you think: http://client.fitbit.com/home

My favourite feature is the online dashboard. Everyone at the office can look at the leaderboard and see who is in 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for the past week. A little healthy competition never hurt anyone, right!? At the end of the 3 month program the individual who has increased their step count and reduced their body fat percentage the most will be sweetly rewarded. What do you think? Would you be more active if you were sporting a Fitbit?? 

Ask me more about it. 
** disclaimer: I am not at all a paid employee/endorsement for Fitbit, I just think it's been a pretty fab resource for myself and my clients. 

No comments:

Post a Comment