Sunday, March 6, 2011

Food Inc.

Recently, my family and I watched Food Inc. - a film exposing the mechanistic processes behind the food industry, the industry the American consumer succumbs to every time we peruse the grocery store isles. This film unveils the shocking truths behind what we eat, how it's manufactured, and who we have become as a nation.
Today we buy bigger-breasted chickens, herbicide-ridden seeds and perfectly plastic produce...but at what price? I'm not referring to the dollar amount (although grocery inflation has it's battle to fight as well), but to the environmental cost: obesity, diabetes, E-coli, and other bacterial illnesses.
We are blind consumers.


I challenge us fight oblivion, reign in our apathy and educate ourselves. The information is out there, let's not turn a blind eye but become involved!! The farmers and producers will manufacture what you (the consumer) wants - you call the shots. Don't let your silence set the standard for the food industry, stand up!!
Watch this film and tell me what you think. My personal reaction - organic vegetarianism (at least until I learn more and revolutionize the system).

No comments:

Post a Comment